• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm going to light it up
    Mazikeen
    It does not bother her, the time that passes - and in the end she’ll be thankful no one arrived while she was still winded from the trip over. While she found it pleasant, the drain of energy, it would’ve bothered her for someone else to see her in a weakened state.

And it is peaceful here, near the river as the sun goes down and the stars come out. Mazikeen has not quite gotten around to thinking about turning to go home when she hears a voice in the shadowy woods call out, inviting her in. It’s Yanhua, and his friendliness inspires an easy smile in her bright orange eyes. Was everyone in their family like this?

It gives her hope for her children. That with a cursed father and a faulty mother, they might still end up okay.

She moves into the trees to meet him, distracted by how small they make her feel, though her attention is (thankfully) easily drawn to the horned stallion and she shakes her head at his apology. “Oh, nothing important - nothing official.” Mazikeen now looks briefly up at the trees surrounding them, their crowns disappearing into the darkness of the night, wondering how to best explain the multitude of reasons she’d found herself here. “I was just feeling restless and I realized that even though I’ve been living in Hyaline for four years I’ve never visited any of the neighbours. I can't believe I haven't tried to climb these trees yet.”

She wonders now if it’s strange that she’s curious about Gale’s brothers, wanting to meet them because they are in his life and he cares for them, so she doesn’t mention that she’d been hoping to run into exactly who ended up greeting her.

“And please, just call me Maze.” Her gaze turns up to his horns, and she grins at the pair of memories that come to her - of Bolder chattering about his uncle and of a flower crown that had been draped over them the last time she had seen the bearded brother. It’s that second memory she speaks of - the teasing note in her voice is as warm and without malice as her laughter had been during the ceremony. “How long did you keep the crown on?”

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-01-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-04-2021, 09:35 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-05-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-16-2021, 12:31 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-17-2021, 06:38 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-18-2021, 02:05 PM