• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm going to light it up
    Mazikeen
    At the mention of new hobbies, she replies with an easy “Next time for sure.” She says it with a grin, looking down from the trees. Though she does itch with the desire to try claws and hands against the bark, she likes the idea of coming back for that specifically. Maybe she and Gale could make a day of it, racing each other up to the crowns and back down again, seeing who could find the tallest tree.

She laughs at his response to her question about the flower crown - knowing she would’ve done the same thing. Her laugh is not nearly as musical as his, it is wild and bold even when it lingers in her bright eyes. It is not a lie when she responds to his offer of checking out the new biodiversity with an “I’d love to.” She’s never had a head for plants, aside from the small number she knew were safe to eat she did not think about them - but she’s curious about the animals that live here. Maybe she could find a shape she’s never tried.

So Mazikeen falls into step with Yanhua, shifting her eyes to those of a feline so she can better see in the growing darkness outside of the faint glow he provided. Half to better see this land that’s entirely new to her, and half because she is unable to turn off the part of her that watches for threats.

She might have asked what was so new about the biodiversity here but she’s distracted easily by Yanhua’s question - it is one of her top favourite topics to think about. “Gale’s actually living in Hyaline now with me.” Mazikeen doesn’t bother to fight the brilliant smile that comes with this statement, though she is a little embarrassed by it, and even though the reasons behind the move were complicated. There’s a pleasant flutter in her stomach when she says those last two words: ‘with me’. She’s been enjoying having Gale close, more than she ever thought she would. It feels right, waking next to him. And it helps her forget for a little while longer that they may not have much time at all.

As for news - she’s unsure whether she can, or should, share all of it so she shares what a family member might be interested in. Her smile fades a little as her nerves settle in. “We’re actually… we’re expecting. Twins even, if the magician we saw can be believed.” She doesn’t doubt Isilya, the strange tree-mare had been kind to them when they needed it though her experience with magicians is limited to that single moment and she does not know how trustworthy their powers are as a whole. “Do you have any kids?” She’s pretty sure Gale told her they all did, his brothers and sister, but she didn’t learn the particulars. And she’d rather hear Yanhua talk about his family instead of trying to sort out her own feelings on the one she and Gale accidentally are starting.

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-01-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-04-2021, 09:35 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-05-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-16-2021, 12:31 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-17-2021, 06:38 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-18-2021, 02:05 PM