• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

I’d love to see you try, she tells him, and when Gale smiles back it is with a mouthful of long sharp teeth. Not a threat, not with the way he laughs afterward, but an effective display of his capabilities. One need not be a shifter to live in Hyaline anymore, but Gale is undoubtedly one.

Her question about the limits of his shifting causes Gale to pause for just a moment, as though he is thinking about his answer before he gives it. The Curse is reminded that this body has limits, and its irritation manifests in a sharp pain in Gale’s chest. Gale frowns, and shakes his head. “No. Only animals.”

Only animals for now, the Curse reminds itself, the promise that Mazikeen had made a bright spot in its future plans. Soon it will have a new body, one that has no limits. It will be able to be a dragon like those that Ciri is seeing in her mind’s eye.

After Ciri looks around, she says that she wants to see the lake, and Gale smiles. He likes the lake, and the Curse is no longer digging its claws into his heart. Its taken the memory of that pain as well, and Gale’s smile as he says: “Let’s go see it!” is bright and enthusiastic.

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale] - by Gale - 05-09-2021, 03:30 PM