• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias

Anubias’ worries are easily soothed by Cheri’s exclamation that spending his time in a dream wasn’t silly. It was, maybe a little bit, but he is happy that she does not think so and that certainly feels like enough for him. He found it wonderful too, and he is delighted when she shows interest in coming along into that world - his pale eyes brightening even further when she steps closer, making no attempt whatsoever to conceal his happiness. “Yeah! I’ve taken Creature with me lots of times and I accidentally took someone else with me once…” He trails off, thinking of Kamaria and how disgruntled she had been at first, but smiling softly to himself with the memory all the same. She hadn’t wanted him to wake up when he had offered, after realizing his mistake, and it had been wonderful to get the chance to share the dreamscape with someone.

This time, at least, his companion into the dreamworld would not find it a surprise - and he is quick to add “But I’m much better at it now, so whenever we’re both tired I can take you!”

And there’s just a small pause before he asks with a crooked grin “How tired are you now?” Was she tired enough that a nap could be needed right now, or should they explore the living world around them a little more in order to reach a point where sleep was possible. Anubias was finding he could almost always nap nowadays, but he is glad that he had not yet visited the dream world yet today so it will be easier for him to drift whenever he tries.

If his excitement over sharing this trick with his friend will settle down enough for him to sleep.

@Cheri

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias - by Anubias - 07-01-2021, 06:40 PM