• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's like we're on our own to figure it out | mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Taunting her was not the wisest choice, but it is certainly an entertaining one.

The Curse smiles when she snarls at it, smiles with Gale’s mouth, and tilts Gale’s head in familiar curiosity. “You can tell us apart now?” It asks, and the smile it wears grows darker at the implication of the words. It has taken Gale before, that smile says, and she hadn’t been any the wiser.

Mazikeen begins to glow, a warning sign that the Curse recognizes. It would be fun to keep at her, to make her doubt and question and fear, but she is strong enough to fight back. How fortunate that this body is not only a warrior, but one with healing as well. Ultimately it is expendable, so long as there are descendents, and Mazikeen.

“He wanted to tell you months ago,” it says, kneading the stony earth beneath its paws, its voice both amused and pitying. “I suggested we move here instead.” Is that what had happened, Gale wonders. He can’t recall anymore, and he’s only halfway listening anyway.

It watches her face carefully, waiting with bated breath. She cares about Gale, it knows, cares about him and will be so delightfully wounded to think that he’s not been himself for such a long time.

Will she glow brighter, it wonders? How bright?

“What would you trade for him?”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's like we're on our own to figure it out | mazikeen - by Gale - 05-03-2021, 09:03 PM