• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, if they dusted me for prints

She had returned late from the mountain, the small nubs that would grow into wings testament of the plea she had made. She couldn’t even pretend to be surprised Ellie hadn’t returned yet when she finally made her way to the small glen they usually slept together in. Her sister had been wandering more and more as they grew. Lumi desperately wanted to blame her even though she knew she couldn’t. Even though the lump in her throat had grown larger and larger every time she watched her sister fly.

She hadn’t told Ellie of her jealousy though, despite everything else they shared. She’s not certain her sister would understand. And so, when Ellie had snuck away, so had Lumi.

She had been pleased by the fairies response, but the nubs now sprouting from her shoulders were… a little embarrassing. They looked ridiculous, and she had spent a great deal of time trying to think of ways she might hide them until they grew into fully fledged wings. With these musings still rattling around her head, she had finally drifted off sleep.

That is, until a sharp tug on the sensitive bud on her shoulder startles her awake with a pained shriek. The cluster of stars that had settled as she slept abruptly rise into a chaotic dance as she flails for escape. It takes her a moment to recognize her sister through the thrashing of her own limbs, but when she does, a scowl forms on her lips before she butts her sister. Hard.

Ellieeeee,” she whisper-shrieks plaintively, “that hurt.” Scooting away from her sisters dangerously tangled locks, she shakes her head in an attempt to resettle her own mane over the small wing sprouts (as though Ellie might have somehow missed their existence in the midst of all that) before glaring at her twin. “And you’re late.”

Luminesce

@[Elegance] I am absolutely delighted

Messages In This Thread
    oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 05-02-2021, 12:14 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Luminesce - 05-04-2021, 10:27 AM