• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've dreamed you
    When she was younger, she would have sworn that she could never leave Loess. Then Tephra became her home and she thought that there, surely, she could be loyal forever. It was where her family became whole again and she learned to let her soft side show every now and again. But now she knows that wherever her children go, she will follow. No towering jungle trees or steaming hot springs could ever ignite the devotion she has for her little family, for Varick.

Sabbath manages a rare laugh when he confirms that she does, in fact, spoil their children. She’s well aware that she is weak against any of their pleas or wants so long as it doesn’t seem to involve any danger. Her eyes briefly find his when he says they deserve all this. Somehow, Varick becomes even more attractive when he agrees with her like this.

His words send an electric shiver up her back and she averts her eyes back to the ocean waves. A short gasp pulls through her teeth at the feel of his lips over her skin but she says nothing for a while. There is still a creeping fear when he says things like this, a quiet terror that he will be ripped away from her somehow. It’s why she pushes him away so harshly at times. As if she could simply tear them apart herself and find comfort in that sort of control. But he always comes circling back, gentle as ever, and she knows she is doomed to care for him forever.

You terrify me,” she says, so soft the words are almost lost in the sound of the ocean’s tide. “You show up on the shore one day and you wouldn’t die, and now I can’t imagine living without you.

She doesn’t say that she loves him and her tone is not delicate the way she would like it to be; but her lips find the corner of his and she breathes a sigh of defeat. They both know how she feels even if those words struggle to come out at times.
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Varick]

Messages In This Thread
    i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 05-02-2021, 07:15 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Varick - 05-06-2021, 12:37 AM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 06-02-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Varick - 06-16-2021, 02:19 AM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 06-22-2021, 10:42 PM