• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've dreamed you
    Where would she be without him at her side? Would she be half as happy, would she know even a fraction of this bliss? It seems impossible to imagine not having him sleeping next to her, now. An existence without Crowns, Riptide, or Katarine seems unimaginable and she’s grateful that she won’t have to know another moment of her life without them in it. And all of this is hers because she tried to rip his throat out for daring to come near her home. It almost makes her laugh aloud to think of it.

She wants to flinch away when he touches his lips to her cheek; but she stays still and spares a little of the trust he’s built with her. Sabbath allows him to trail his touch her skin and even kiss her face where she likes it best. Her head dips down to expose her neck to his tooth gladly.

“If I really wanted you dead, I could’ve done it. I guess a part of me has always been soft for you,” she says with a hint of feigned disappointment. It had crossed her mind to ask her mother to shed his scales, to give her teeth that could not be denied. But then Crowns stirred in his fitful sleep during that awful fever and she knew she could never be without Varick. He was too kind, too patient, too right for her to die and leave her alone again.

“Kiss me again,” she commands him, her voice stern as she turns to face him once more.

Messages In This Thread
    i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 05-02-2021, 07:15 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Varick - 05-06-2021, 12:37 AM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 06-02-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Varick - 06-16-2021, 02:19 AM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 06-22-2021, 10:42 PM