• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Even when the light can't find me [Any]

a bright and dangerous spark

In the pale light of a newly-born moon, Cheri had not expected the horse out at sea to double in size. He rose from the waves slowly, surprising her because she hadn’t realized that he’d curled down to actually sit in the waves. The season was off for moonlit bathing, but he contradicted her thoughts by telling her liked it that way: cold. Stunned, she watched the way he came shoreward to entertain her musings. His skin was a lovely shade of pale gold in the night, rich and offset by the white color of his dripping mane. He smelled like brine and called her out by name, which heightened Cheri’s concern into curiosity.

Coming closer, Cheri noticed the missing eye, the myriad pattern of scars, and the glowing markings covering his pelt. After that she kept her eyes firmly centered on his forehead, determined not to upset the stallion by glaring too long.

“Lady Oceane mentioned me?” The pegasus felt shy, tucking her wings close to her side. The glow of their light and the faint gleam coming off her white markings only seemed to accentuate how she tucked her heels closer to one another.

“That was kind of her.” She murmured. “I’m ashamed to admit I’m not as familiar with you, sir.” Cheri offered the palomino a hesitant smile, wondering why that was.

If Oceane had a reason not to divulge in her member’s lives while doing the opposite where Cheri was concerned, well then she trusted her decisions. The Queen of the South had been doing her job much longer than Cheri could imagine, though the young diplomat knew she’d been a ruler who’d out-reigned a few of her other kingdom neighbors. If she was doing her job poorly it would’ve come to the world’s attention. Besides, Ledger seemed to be pleasant enough and well-spoken, much like Tarian had been, and it was far beyond Cheri’s place to upset the delicate balance of lives spinning around the orbit of this vast, midwestern territory.

“Would you like to remedy that?” Cheri’s smile grew. “I won’t keep you long; I wasn’t coming here with the intention of interrupting your … night swimming.” She giggled.
    Full-sized image link

@[Ledger] trying out a new text color because her original one irritates my eyes, lol.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Even when the light can't find me [Any] - by Cheri - 05-19-2021, 08:39 PM