• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Even when the light can't find me [Any]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

His new heart flutters with uncertainty, a wild thing that beats a quicker rhythm as his anxiety begins to rise. Of course there is hope that stirs in its confines now, something that he only managed to snatch in small handfuls before it bounced off the glass shell that kept so much out previously. Now he can feel it, a bright ball of light, that seems more powerful then the anxiety. He had never thought he would be able to feel his heart stir for another again, had never thought it possible to rid himself of the one made of crystal. If that was possible, then maybe this too was possible.

She is so eager and it is hard to not ride the wave of her enthusiasm. “Ok.” He finally says, still hesitant. Still nervous. It couldn’t be too bad could it? “But if something starts to go wrong, it stops.” He says firmly, the gold flecks of his eye bright as he hardens his resolve. The bear within him shares his uncertainty but seems to grumble it’s consent all the same. He’s not sure what this will feel like, what it might unearth. He had lived with his ghosts and demons for so long, so very very long, that he doesn’t know who or what he would be without them.

Perhaps that terrifies him more than the trauma he holds close to his heart.
    Who was he really beneath the darkness?

Taking a steady breath and closing his eye, he gestures to her with his muzzle to get on with it. “Better do it now before I change my mind.”

Ledger

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Even when the light can't find me [Any] - by Ledger - 06-18-2021, 11:49 AM