• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All that matters is the time we had [yanhua]

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

I hadn’t even realized how much I had wanted Yanhua to react when I fell to the ground until I was laying on the ground, unsupported by the chestnut stallion. My heart ached. My whole body ached. My shoulder ached, but that was a dull pain in the background to the emotional pain that gripped me to the ground.

I could see the wheels turning in his head, the cogs playing their rolls, when I looked upon him, but I still do not know exactly what it is that goes through his thoughts. I don’t know how he is feeling or what his intentions are, now. I do know that in the next few moments, my heart would not be eased of this burden, as he hesitantly moves toward me. He asks that I stop looking at him like that, so I do. I stop looking at him at all, choosing to turn my eyes to the ground beneath me instead. Still, from the corners of my eyes, I could see his movements, stiff and uncertain, shrouded in doubt. This is what leaves his words feeling empty and hollow.

I may not know exactly what is happening inside of the stallion’s thoughts, but I do know that his words and actions did not match up. These things leave me feeling more confused and alone, but most of all, it breeds a kind of hysteria, despite the intentions behind the words being to calm me down.

“I don’t know,” I choke out in response to his question. Am I better? I certainly don’t feel better. I mean, physically, I am alive, which I hadn’t been before, so I guess you could say in that sense I am, but emotionally speaking, I am more hurt than I have ever felt in my life. I feel abandoned. At least when I learned about Amarine, I still knew that there was love in Yanhua’s heart for me, but now? Now I think he hates me, resents me, fears me. Those things cut deeper than the hurt of having to share my love for him.

Confused and still in hysterics, I drive myself to my feet, ignoring the throbbing complaints from my shoulder. Adrenaline fuels my movements, now. “I…” I stammer, looking back to @[Leilan], then giving a half glance to @[Yanhua] (even that, I can barely manage without a fresh wave of anguish peeling my heart to shreds), I mutter, “I have to go.” Without waiting for any kind of response, I push myself away from the two stallions, into the underbrush. I stumble and almost fall from the pain in my shoulder, but I continue forward, half running, half tripping through the ferns.

Borderline

Image by Calcifer

Sorry for posting out of turn. Just kind of wanted to get a move on with things. Lol.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All that matters is the time we had [yanhua] - by Borderline - 06-15-2021, 10:39 AM