• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the shadow proves the sunshine; vastra

let my shadows prove the sunshine

He doesn’t remember much and perhaps that is a good thing. It had been like a long sleep, nonexistent and nearly restful. The farthest he can remember (after he had accepted his fate) is a cold darkness finding him and swaddling him, like an old friend. His newest memory, however, is a girl with flowers in her hair ushering him and urging him to awaken and follow her. He did, of course, because Svedka can never tell a pretty girl no. Her name was Flower and she - along with a few others - brought Beqanna and all of those it lost back into the light.

Svedka’s youngest brother had holed himself up during the eclipse and even with Svedka’s resurrection from the underworld, still kept to himself. Something about being unable to stop the events that had unfolded.

The stallion is wandering aimlessly (or so he thinks) through his familiar volcanic home. He isn’t sure what to do with himself besides wander, and so he finds solace in wading in some warm tide pools that sparkle dimly in the sunlight. A few moments pass and he realizes he isn’t alone. A single ear tips back before his head turns with it, an inquisitive but curious look on his handsome face.

“You were just the one I was hoping to see,” he muses softly into the shadows of the treeline, wondering if Vastra had been stalking him all morning (and also wondering why she hadn’t attacked him upon first sight). The stallion allows his body to follow the direction of his head, straightening and facing where he believes her to be, though he can’t be sure. Perhaps it is from his absence, or the reminder of how much he hated being alone, but he adds with a smirk: “I’ve missed you.”

svedka

@[Vastra]
    i hope this is okay! <3

Messages In This Thread
    the shadow proves the sunshine; vastra - by Svedka - 05-08-2021, 11:32 AM