• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  Time is just a remedy covered in disguise [Leilan/Any]
    Leilan
    For a kingdom like the North, and Icicle Isle in particular, a horse like Ciri could turn out a gift from a higher entity- be that a god, heaven, or the fairies or perhaps the stars, depending on someone’s belief. For someone like Leilan, it didn’t matter, because he would accept any and all gifts as long as “his” precious Isle would survive and he would be able to have his home base out here on the ice. If it was turned back into a Tundra of old, complete with a Brotherhood, he would survive - but more than that he wishes for the land to live, and house and breed the sturdiest horses of Beqanna. That hasn’t been an exclusive male thing for as long as he lives. It hadn’t been on accident that the former Brothers and Sisters had merged, and stayed in the Northern lands ever since. The Plague and the threats of war had only set the timing for something Leilan now thinks was always inevitable.

A mare and her child then, as long as they could survive here, would be most welcome. A mare like Ciri all the more, because she embodies exactly that fused-Northern spirit. ”Honor to those who deserve it. You’re a perfect fit for the job, as far as I can see. And your friend is of course welcome. I hope Mourna grows up to be as strong as you, and every Northerner who has been raised here.” he grins knowingly - she hadn't mentioned the child’s name, but magic does have its perks. A small wink follows, then he motions for the wide open spaces of the Isle; for her to explore and settle.
    old, but I'm not that old
    young, but I'm not that bold

@Ciri a quick wrap-up to basically say yes
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Time is just a remedy covered in disguise [Leilan/Any] - by Leilan - 06-28-2021, 04:33 AM