• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  she rules her life like a bird in flight
    Leilan
    Truth is, Leilan is new to the magic, and it definitely helps that she looks familiar - dragon scales, golden spots, even the roaning in itself is at least somewhat suspicious. It's enough to trigger a subconscious trace of her bloodlines, much like he knew Aela was Lilli and Bane's child. The young female is fond of her spot by the sea, he can tell, and by the peace that one finds in the night and moonlit waves. Her 'it is' does not disturb the ambiance, but her follow-up question does.

He smirks, then dips his head. "Depends if you mean immediately or not, but assuming the latter, it's Icicle Isle. Name's Leilan." He tilts his head to look at her scales again and shrugs it off. "I'd ask the same question under different circumstances, perhaps. However, I've recently been gifted with a handful of magic." His eyes gleam in the moonlight just as much as the icy scales do before he continues. "So I find that we're family." He smiles a little, hoping to be reassuring as he lets his eyes drift towards the rest of the island. "Have you lived here long? Who's in charge?" He wonders - he wonders a great many things, for example where exactly his son had disappeared to, but since he doesn't seem to be around, Leilan doesn't think to ask. In fact, he's not entirely sure that there aren't a great many others in the world by now who might be grandchildren or further down the line, and it's not like he owes them. But, he's curious about the discovery. Perhaps he'll meet some more of them.

He'll definitely develop some favouritism, he thinks. But that's not a problem right now.
    old, but I'm not that old
    young, but I'm not that bold

@[Fenwe]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she rules her life like a bird in flight - by Leilan - 05-19-2021, 02:37 PM