• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, come and help me sing -- aureline

let my shadows prove the sunshine

There is a lazy smile on his pink lips as he still gazes upwards, even as she draws up alongside him. He stays like this for a few moments longer, lingering in the moment and realizing just how lonesome he had been only minutes before her arrival. “You smell like home too,” Svedka replies, his eyes still upwards and that same smile on his mouth. The stallion lowers his head, bringing his gaze to hers with a gentle turn of his handsome face, unashamed at the way he simply stares at her - immediately lost in her eyes and enraptured. “I am certain I have never seen you before, either.” With eyes like that, there is no way he would have ever forgotten her.

He doubts he ever will, now.

The rarity of her eyes had certainly captured his attention, Svedka begins to notice the other features that highlight her face - there is warmth in the ease of her smile and the way the deep gold of her face accentuates the unusual white marking that bursts from her forehead. The moonglow and the reflection of the white snow is gentle on the dark of her wingtips, tucked in perfectly to the deep gold and white of her sides. He is content to not say anything, he thinks, and to merely stand in her presence for hours while the snow piles up around them. She breaks the easy silence with the smoothness of her voice again and for the first time since her arrival, he draws his eyes from her to glance downwards at his own body. He thinks about telling her no, but then realizes that it is rather chilly and this stranger seems to not mind the closeness they’ve already established.

Warmth erupts across his skin in waves and Svedka’s head jerks upwards, surprised. This look melts into a lopsided smile, all the more fascinated by her. “Terribly,” he admits, sidling closer with a few sideways steps. “But I have been told I have a flair for dramatics.” His pink nose wrinkles slightly, tossing his head to move a few stray strands of white and blue forelock from his vision.

The radiant heat that comes from her is more soothing than he had anticipated, almost as if he didn’t realize how frozen his muscles were until she was beside him to make it known. “Aureline,” he repeats quietly, unable to hide the sparkle in his blue eyes. “I’m nearly already certain I could never say no to you.” Svedka smiles easily, knowing that he is always happier with someone beside him.

“I’m Svedka.” He takes this opportunity to come close enough to where his shoulder is nearly touching hers (she had offered, anyway), fascinated by her warmth and overall radiance. “I do think I would have frozen to death by the morning if you hadn’t run into me, Aureline.” A gentle chuckle reverberates in his chest. “Are you always on the lookout for simpletons like myself?”

svedka

@[aureline]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, come and help me sing -- aureline - by Svedka - 05-16-2021, 12:28 PM