• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I woke up today and chose violence

The scowl is her first clue and then the words that follow it confirms it. Light begins to flicker into existence on her back at the threat to Gale but her eyes gleam with a smile again - this time, one that lacks warmth and love. It is a triumphant ‘oh there you are’ smile. It is a scornful ‘I don’t believe you’ smile. Mazikeen and her plans, so sure is her faith in them and the idea that she will be successful. If not today than in the future. She is unwilling to entertain the idea that this is all that her story with Gale will be - she wants more for them both.

The change had come on smoother than she had expected but she doesn’t allow herself to wonder who she’s been talking to, who it was that ran Gale’s muzzle sweetly across her skin. She does not know when the change happened but it is easy to convince herself that it was just now, brought forth by her threat. Any other thoughts are a slippery slope that could cause everything she’s grown to love crumble.

More and more of those burning cracks form on her skin as Mazikeen stands here, heart racing with anticipation and anger and fear. They’re going to fight - and this isn’t going to be a wrestling scuffle  that ends in something pleasant, not an alliance match with rules laid out. She knows it’s not going to end well for her, if only because Gale’s body will heal itself and hers will inevitably begin to falter.

She knows exactly how this day is going to end.

And of course, knowing that had not been enough to get her to stay away.

“You won’t take him from me. And you won’t have our children.” She shifts then, fast and fluid - becoming a bristling white direwolf, keeping her horns and changing them to a wickedly sharp version of those you’d see on a bull. The glowing markings nestled now amongst thick fur, making it seem like she’s glowing from within. Mazikeen does not move yet, but she speaks again - her voice goading and falsely sweet. “Which is such a shame, because they’re perfect.”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-15-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 07:45 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 08:14 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-18-2021, 08:35 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-19-2021, 08:59 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 09:05 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-20-2021, 06:53 AM