• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  What can be won by deception [any]
    I am less than impressed. Closer to downright disgusted, if we're being truthful, and I see no reason not to be. Not with a streaming pile of guts at my feet and an impudent monster glaring me down. I look between the two with no attempt at disguising the contempt in my eyes, contempt that is matched by the leery creature. 

"What do you want?" I ask after a beat, weighing the risks of simply running this thing off my lawn like a pesky cat. Knowing cats, however, there's a good chance it would only return later, with that same pretentious look on its face. My jaw sets in a cruel grin, teeth exposed in a way that indicates anything but friendliness. 

I have no use for unbiddable creatures. Ravage, destroy, do what ye will, as long as my word holds final sway. That is my law, and I will tolerate nothing less. Freedom for devotion seems a fair exchange to me. 

I step closer, eyes on the rending claws and jagged beak, but asserting my ground nonetheless. Because this is my ground that she tests. I'm unwilling to give it up to some strange ragged thing that wanders in unannounced, much less anyone else. 

"Do you know where you are?" I ask, my voice silken poison on the tongue. It has proven capable of speech, and so Ann answer is expected in turn. 

@Manikin

Messages In This Thread
    What can be won by deception [any] - by Manikin - 05-16-2021, 05:50 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 05-17-2021, 10:37 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 06-09-2021, 05:22 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 06-29-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 07-02-2021, 08:59 PM