• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  What can be won by deception [any]
    I watch her, expressionless, as her permission is granted with no coersion or threatening. She agrees, and I take it to myself. One more soul for chaos' sake, bound by threads of loyalty that weave in and out of its tattered fabric, stitch it to my own. A moment more, and my expression changes. 

A slow, sultry smile paints my lips. "Good, good," I murmur, almost through. It's more true than this strange beast knows, that she has tied herself to Death. Who's death remains to be seen, but I know it can't be mine. Maybe it will be hers? We'll see, in time. 

I trail off, though I think I'm forgetting something. I usually am, let's be honest. In this grove the scent of carrion is growing. It's odor is trapped beneath the canopy, like many darker things. Just as raw and bleeding, though. Just as cruel as a meal deemed unfit to be digested. My eyes fall on the fly-swarmed pile again, catching on still recognizable shapes. Scraps of thick, bloody fur and fragments of bone. 

"In due time," I murmur, denying her the ecstasy of being undone. The power of surrender is a heady one in the right circumstances, and these are not them. No, first there must be some familiarity, some knowing. Some obedience. 

I turn my electric gaze upon her raptor's face, a challenge and a demand on my tongue. "Clean up your mess," I drawl at last, a far lesser request than the beating heart from her feathered breast, but one I know will chafe more. Hearts are easy enough to give. Submission is harder, and it's what I require in this moment. Tomorrow will likely be a different story, one I'll know only as it comes. 

@Manikin

Messages In This Thread
    What can be won by deception [any] - by Manikin - 05-16-2021, 05:50 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 05-17-2021, 10:37 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 06-09-2021, 05:22 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 06-29-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 07-02-2021, 08:59 PM