• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and I can still remember just the way you taste; reave/any

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

Reave had seen this, though he hadn’t been sure it was real. In the days that Lior had been exploring his own new talents, Reave had found his sight shifting and expanding. Growing to encompass the new and unknown. It is impossible to know what is real and what is not. Indeed, it had taken him what felt like ages (though in reality was only a day or so) to differentiate past and present from future. But now, after having submerged himself deliberately rather than wait to drown another day, he recognized the slightly different flavor the flashes of future left behind.

Still, whether they were true or not, he is entirely uncertain. At least, until today.

This had been a small and simple one, with so few branches it seemed the safest to test. Though the once-dragon cannot know it, the sharp eyes of a distant, soaring eagle follow his ascent from cave to cliff. Reave had witnessed this stranger’s transformation days ago, drawn by the furious burst of confused fire. And he had seen snippets of the days to come - a greeting between strangers, a hermit retreating to his cave to relive old memories, a departure. They could not all be true. Even then, Reave had known it. It was simply impossible.

And, after surfacing from the whirlwind of his own internal battle to understand this new ability, he had waited to see which would come to pass. Now, watching the dark stallion come towards him, he knows which one it is. For a moment, a triumphant smile creases his lips, brilliant blue eyes gleaming with an internal fire.

The other stallion’s greeting causes his smile to widen. Tossing his head to clear his eyes of the tangled strands of his flaxen forelock, he eyes the stranger with blatant curiosity. The bone mask half-ruptured from his features throws odd shadows in the light of its own glow, rimming the edges of his jewel-bright gaze.

“I’ve been expecting you,” he says by way of greeting before a small and delighted laugh escapes his lips. When it slips into a grin, Reave eyes him with speculation. “I’m Reave, the new protector of Nerine.”

reave

@[Lior]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and I can still remember just the way you taste; reave/any - by Reave - 05-20-2021, 10:15 AM