• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you get murdered first for once
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale opens his blue eyes to find a beautiful sunlit morning, and immediately closes them again.

The pain does not come, so he cautiously reopens them.

Yes, he confirms, it is morning. And there is no ache in his head, no fatiguing weariness in his body, no sign that anything is wrong at all.

Why would anything be wrong?

Gale frowns. He is sure that something is wrong, but try as he might, he cannot think of what it might be. He looks more closely at the world around him, and realizes what it is.

He’s not in Islandres. He’s very sure that he’d fallen asleep on the beach last night, leaving Ruinam to his patrolling, but this is not his island home. The trees around him are only flowering, not pink and purple leaved, and the brindle stallion moves a little closer to a lilac to investigate.

It smells wonderful and tastes better, and when Gale is full he begins to move downhill. A large lake glitters through the trees, and though some part of his mind tickles with familiarity at the sight, Gale pays it no mind. He’s very sure he’s never seen this lake before.

Not the lake, nor the pale creature that splashes in its shallows.

“Hello!” Gale calls out, moving closer and not wanting to startle whatever it is. His blue eyes are curious, peering out from a handsome navy face that is turned up in a friendly smile. Whatever - whomever - is in the water is turned away from him at the moment, so he comes to stand at the edge of the lake and asks loud enough to be heard: “Would you mind telling me where I am?”

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-18-2021, 09:40 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 07:05 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-19-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-21-2021, 07:08 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-24-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 06-03-2021, 10:18 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 06-05-2021, 07:33 AM