• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you get murdered first for once

can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes. 

Sabal notices the change in Gale’s demeanor right away and wonders if she’s said too much. She silently curses herself for not trusting her squid senses as Mazikeen so lovingly refers to them.  But she was hoping a little push would help, not hurt in this case. The concern is evident on her face as she watches the confusion cross his. She can only imagine having a stranger tell you that your whole reality is wrong would be a little, well, overwhelming. Sabal hasn’t always been known for her tact.  Or, you know, ever been known for her tact. 

A small frown tugs at her lips as she watches him struggle. “I’m sorry if I’ve confused you at all. I hope I can help you remember something,” she adds, somewhat pitifully, because it’s evident that her attempt to help him had clearly caused him some degree of distress. As would be expected if someone basically told you to your face that your memory was busted.  

She decides to tread carefully about filling in details, again worried about triggering something more in him. She doesn’t want to let it slip that he’s going to be a father of god knows how many children Maze was carrying, looking at the size of her. But at the same time, she does wonder if this side effect of whatever the hell is going on was something more permanent, and that made something churn in her stomach.

There had to be some hope, since he had brought Maze gifts. And not just any gifts. 

When Gale jumps, so does Sabal - flattening herself towards the surface of the water, ready to sink below the waves with only a moment’s notice. She slowly watches as the tree bursts from the ground, burning brightly in the afternoon sun. The reflection of the flames dance along the surface of the lake and her jaw threatens to pop open at the very sight.  And that isn’t all. The tree is followed by a statue and a glowing ring of light that follows the entire border of Hyaline.

“I think Mazikeen will be very impressed by these gifts, Gale,” she manages to mutter, still unable to drag her gaze from the burning tree. A small laugh escapes Sabal as she, well, for lack of a better word gapes at the entities. “I have no idea if you’d remember this, given everything,” she starts, still staring at the burning tree with wide, amused eyes.  “But Maze had told you to bring me something shiny. You know, to get on my good side,” she added, with a friendly and oh-so-Sabal wink. 

“And I just have to say, mission accomplished!”  She knows that these gifts were very obviously not intended for her, but she’d been lounging around the lake waiting for her shiny gift and viola! these arrive.

And there’s also the fact that these entities are a much safer topic to focus on for the time being than focusing on the source of Gale’s amnesia, which is undeniably tied to his curse in some way. The coincidence would simply be too great for the two to be unrelated in Sabal’s mind. She knows she’ll need to tell Mazikeen, who undoubtedly knows more about the curse and it’s progression than she ever would.  At least this level of amnesia appears harmless for the time being.  Maze had mentioned violence, so Sabal found that she couldn’t drop her guard completely.

s a b a l .
    manip by squirt

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-18-2021, 09:40 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 07:05 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-19-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-21-2021, 07:08 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-24-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 06-03-2021, 10:18 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 06-05-2021, 07:33 AM