• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you get murdered first for once
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

She apologizes for his confusion, and Gale glances up. His blue eyes are bright and sharp as they meet hers, and his navy face remains as unreadable as a storm, clouded by a puzzled frown.

This is not the first time he’s lost his memory, but that does not make the experience any more comfortable. The first time, he’d woken up by the water, washed down from the highlands by the spring rains. This time it had been in the woods. Years had passed the first time though, and from what Sabal is saying he can’t be missing a massive amount of time. A few months, perhaps?

He slowly recalls some things as he focuses, feeling almost as though the memories fall into him like grains of sand, building slowly into solid images. Not enough to reassure him that all is well, but enough that he can smile at Sabal’s attempt at humor when he finally reopens his eyes.

“The fiery one is for you, then.” He says. “And the other two for...Mazikeen.” He hesitates before her name, sure he must have said it but still finding it strange to say aloud. He looks at them all for a moment longer, lingering on the flaming tree that is said to give visions of the future.

“This isn’t the first time I’ve lost my memory,” he adds, tilting his head toward Sabal though his attention remains on the magical objects. “Last time though, I didn’t know who I was at all. But I still know I’m Gale now, so, that’s good I guess?” He’s not really asking, mostly musing aloud to himself.

“Have we met before?” He asks.

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-18-2021, 09:40 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 07:05 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-19-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-21-2021, 07:08 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-24-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 06-03-2021, 10:18 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 06-05-2021, 07:33 AM