• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go ahead and say death is a thief.

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

The sharp cry of an eagle breaks the soft hum of the field, the large bird visible overhead as it circles before being lifted by a current. Though he rises beyond the sight of a normal equine, Reave knows he is still there, still far above them. Still watching.

It brings a sense of satisfaction, knowing he would never truly be alone.

But his attention does not waver from the stallion before him. The tide of panic had brought memories surging to the fore, isolation and madness curling between them. Between the memories of time past lie snippets of what might yet come. In one lies a creature so deranged it would be hard to call him equine anymore. It stirs curiosity in Reave, admirer of chaos that he is, and he finds himself wanting to know more. Always more.

The stranger’s reply to Reave’s peculiar greeting is confused and uncertain, spelling clearly that which the young stallion had already seen. It brings a small smile to his lips even as a faintly impish gleam lights his sharp blue eye.

“I am here, and I was also there,” Reave replies, mirroring Wu’s own response, eyes fixed almost teasingly on the black and white stallion. “Soon, I will be elsewhere.” His grin widens for a moment before he shifts restlessly, a faint, brief chuckle escaping his lips. “But I am here because I was bored, and you looked interesting.”

Reave had no reason to lie to this stranger, no reason not to tell him exactly why he had chosen to approach. And so far, he can’t say he is disappointed. Of course, with only a few words exchanged between them thus far, a great deal could easily change still. As he considers the stallion with an open speculation, he continues rather abruptly, his tone prodding, testing, “Does that disappoint you? Do you wish to be elsewhere now?”

reave

@[Wu]

Messages In This Thread
    go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-20-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-20-2021, 09:53 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-20-2021, 11:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-21-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-21-2021, 10:42 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-21-2021, 12:41 PM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-21-2021, 02:02 PM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-24-2021, 09:49 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by hanna - 05-25-2021, 09:25 PM