• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go ahead and say death is a thief.

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

It is strange not because he does not understand. It is strange because he understands perfectly. Reave has spent most of his young and feckless life never staying still for too long, lest he fall victim to the swirling trap of his own thoughts. It had been easier to seek out new and thrilling things than it had been to consider his own shortcomings. And the disasters that had struck hammer blows to his life twice now.

It is only recently that he has come to realize he cannot - should not - avoid them forever. But of course, that did not stop him from trying.

The other stallion’s first question is easy. Easy because it requires no thought. He knows as plainly as he knows the spring grass beneath his feet. So he grins, amused, as he answers. “Wherever I am not now.” And it is the perfect truth. He has already roamed far and wide, and still there is more. His elsewhere would always be in the strange and most interesting corners of Beqanna. The places he was not already standing.

The rest is not nearly so easy. As Wu replies, Reave tilts his head, piercing him with a stare as a frown begins to slowly tug at the corners of his lips. It is not confusion that knits itself across his bone-shrouded brows, but rather consternation. He does not reply immediately this time either, because this time there are no words yet on his tongue.

“You and I are not so very different,” he finally says, answering the question in the only way he knows how, before quickly amending, “at least, not in this.”

Only then does the smirk begin to creep back onto his lips. “I don’t normally indulge in riddle-speak the same way you do.” He laughs then, tossing his head slightly as he paces a few restless steps. The movement tugs at the edges of the wounds his armor had made as it pushed through, dried blood cracking to bleed anew. He ignores it. When he settles again, his bright gaze returns to the other stallion. “I’m Reave.” He pauses then, considering this stranger with the intensity of someone making a decision. Whether it would be a good one remains to be seen. Then, his grin widens. “If you want to go Elsewhere, I might be able to help.”

reave

@[Wu]

Messages In This Thread
    go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-20-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-20-2021, 09:53 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-20-2021, 11:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-21-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-21-2021, 10:42 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-21-2021, 12:41 PM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-21-2021, 02:02 PM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-24-2021, 09:49 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by hanna - 05-25-2021, 09:25 PM