• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia
    let it all come out and burn like a fire
    There is a coyness to the youth, though whether it is intentional or not, Wrenley has yet to determine. From her set world view, it could only be intentional. But the innocence and naivete that Hyperia exudes makes her question whether that’s truly the case. Disgruntles her, because she hates questioning her own judgements. And makes her wonder if there is a way she might learn to wield such a thing.

Unfortunately for Wrenley, she would need to learn how to consider anyone but herself (even if only as a pretense) for that to happen.

“So why don’t you?” Wrenley asks, her lilting voice blunt. As though it were a simple thing to have someone to keep one company. Of course, to the sunset mare, it is a simple thing. She has yet to realize that for those alone in the world, finding family or friends is not always so easy. Especially if one is tied as irrevocably to water as Hyperia is. “Certainly you must have passers by aplenty.” she continues skeptically before adding almost airily, “just, get to know a few of them.”

She can’t help but smile when the girl admits it is boring. She is used to being right and is pleased to have her confirm it. Her next question takes her aback however. Not because she does not have ways of entertaining herself, but because, on the surface, she’s not quite certain they sound terribly fun either. So she sniffs, as though it should be the most obvious thing in the world. “I watch others,” she replies, her voice deliberately blithe. “Sometimes I help them and tell them what they’re doing wrong.” She pauses, lips twisting briefly before she smooths them out again. “They’re not always very appreciative,” she grumbles the last before continuing more clearly, “but sometimes the truth hurts.”

Wrenley

@[hyperia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia - by Wrenley - 06-11-2021, 10:11 AM