• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like the moon we come around // Wit, Any
    Photo 
    Her chest was rising and falling, tiny lungs complaining with the effort of keeping her on her feet. The velveteen panels of her wings drooped by her sides as she and Wit came to a stuttering halt, sweat foaming their skins with exertion. Steaming and shaking now that the adrenaline had poured off, she turned her gilt little head to her golden brother.

"I- I dunno," she shuddered, coughing as the words passed her parched throat. "But it was hungry." A quick glance over her shoulder confirmed that they'd broken away from the predator, but had fled into unknown territory in the meantime. The familiar faces of their native trees were missing, replaced with smaller cousins and raggedy brush. 

Her eyes blinked tiredly at the strange surroundings, and she decided she'd rather take a nap than deal with this next round of madness. Spindly legs folded delicately beneath her, knees vanishing into the minty green fluff of her chest. "I dunno," she said again, breath finally slowing to something closer to its natural pace. 

@[Wit]

Messages In This Thread
    Like the moon we come around // Wit, Any - by Saturnelle - 05-21-2021, 09:37 PM