• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this wire of mine burned; phae
    when I was a bird I could see where the moon had turned

The moon has begun to bleed from the sky and, with it, she has felt herself emptying out. It is a strange thing to feel so shelled out and she stands in the dark evening, her delicate head tipped back, she can only sigh under her breath. Her chest aches with want, with loneliness, and she turns from the dark sky to the forest that greets her instead. She can feel the darkness overtaking her body now, the silver having long since disappeared underneath the creeping black. It’s an unnatural kind of darkness that dyes her coat.

More of an absence than anything.

An abyss.

She hates the way that she looks during these new moons. The way her light leaves her. The way that she feels hurt and almost angry. Abandoned. She swallows those bitter feelings down and continues to make her way through the forest, deer legs picking over the branches and the brambles. She sniffs lightly at the scent of spring florals as they bloom around her and while it eases some of the hurt, it is not enough to abate it. Instead, it merely sinks into her veins, a sweet melody she lets soothe as much as it can.

There is the sound of movement around her, but she doesn’t have the energy to run away this night. Doesn’t have the energy to race in the opposite direction. So instead she slips into the shadows, letting the shadows cover her black coat and hopes that whatever is near her will simply continue on walking.

the sky was alive and this wire of mine burned

@[phaetra] <3

Messages In This Thread
    this wire of mine burned; phae - by cressida - 05-22-2021, 02:45 PM
    RE: this wire of mine burned; phae - by draco - 05-30-2021, 01:06 PM
    RE: this wire of mine burned; phae - by cressida - 06-04-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: this wire of mine burned; phae - by draco - 06-09-2021, 07:48 PM