• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  castles made of sand - any

He’s not shy about letting his eyes search her gaze as they level with one another. He lets her speak, not wanting to interrupt her and at the same time, thoroughly enjoying the sound of her voice. He chuckles at her slight joke, the ghosts, he says to himself – they’re my family. And she doesn’t know the loudness they can be, or even worse, the deafening quietude they can also serve. He finds the silence much more torturous, hence his depressive mood at the moment.

He laughs almost sarcastically, “I am not sure, but I bet it is my failing somehow...” he looks to his feet, the surf starting to touch them now and soon the waves with foam gently around their ankles as the tide rises. “There was a time I starved for power, and my ambition unmatched; my thirst for a fight unquenchable.” He shakes like a wet dog, but he is not wet – it’s heaviness he tries to free himself of, like shackles weighing him down. “It’s left me, and I do not know why.” he sighs, looking up to the sea ahead, a storm threatening to approach land. “I do not age, or get sick, but still I feel tired. Exhausted of all of it.” he growls, blowing a snort through his tensed nostrils.

He looks back up to her, his eyes half open as if he’s intoxicated. “I apologize. ” he sucks in a deep and dreadful sounding sigh, “I am not myself lately Cheri.” he lays his ears flat, sweeping his eyes back to the toiling sea. “I am sorry to meet you like this, in such a way – how lucky am I to have you come strolling to stand by me? Too lovely for me to sulk; so where is it you’re from? What has you wandering tonight?” He tries to add a little light to his gritted voice, to harsh the bellow of his baritone notes, but he’s sure he still sounds bothered.

CHEMDOG
    to the window, to the wall

i am ashamed you waited eons for this, me love you ♥
    @Cheri

Messages In This Thread
    castles made of sand - any - by Chemdog - 05-24-2021, 05:49 AM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Cheri - 05-25-2021, 06:29 PM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Chemdog - 05-29-2021, 08:31 AM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Cheri - 06-08-2021, 03:45 PM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Chemdog - 08-08-2021, 02:06 PM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 04:44 PM