• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  castles made of sand - any

a bright and dangerous spark

And the tide rolled in around the two horses' ankles. Cheri, the more slender of the two black animals, felt the lukewarm surf tug on her body and thought how strange that sensation was, unlike anything she’d ever felt. A strange thought for a horse to have. Then again, she and Chemdog were currently talking about ghosts and the quietness of his herdland - and Cheri was eating it up with serious interest.

Both her ears bent forward toward the bigger stallion, hanging onto his every word as he detailed the worries of his life. Immortality, a fire dimmed only by the passing of time; just one of the reasons as to why he stood here alone on the shoreline of Silver Cove.

It was sad. Cheri had always wondered about the possibility of her extended or eternal life, but she’d never really been confronted by it quite like this. Something about what Chemdog had said: “It’s left me, and I do not know why.” That phrase clung to her like a living thing. Even after he’d backtracked and tried to lighten the mood it stayed, repeating itself and making her worry.

He was a gentleman for trying to dispel her concerns anyways.
    Cheri put on a pretty little smile and politely disagreed with a light snort, a sort of laugh at his roguishness. “I come from Loess.” She obliged one of his questions, following it closely with a bit about herself as well.

“You shouldn’t apologize. I tend to draw out the pain of others naturally, so I’ve learned to be an apt listener as much as I am a healer.” The little pegasus smiled in the dark. In the reflective surface of the rising waves, her glowing markings cast a dim, haunting sort of light. She complimented him. “I liked listening to you.”

It didn't explain why she was here, but Cheri could resolve her business on his time - not her own. She considered telling him about Starlore but decided against it; Chemdog had given inspiration to opportunity instead, and Cheri was curious to see if the Silver Cove leader might be the kind of horse who walked through open portals. (Metaphorically speaking, since doors didn’t necessarily exist in their world.)

“I’ll be honest with you Chemdog.” Cheri said after a while. “I’m a sworn diplomat of Loess, but an adventurer at heart. Sometimes the two don’t mix.” She sighed. Most of the time the two didn’t mix. “So I’m searching for ways to blend the two together. I think that as long as I claim Loess as my home, I could technically be a diplomat anywhere, anytime. You know: give my services and powers to as many horses as possible.” Her green wings bobbed, dipping into the sea water that was beginning to pool higher and higher.

Finally she turned and pulled her sunken hooves free from the ocean floor, trudging knee-deep back towards higher ground. She assumed that Chemdog was following, thinking of something to say, but in case he thought she was simply leaving, the black appaloosa turned her head back over the long curve of her body and asked him a question.

“So do you think Silver Cove could use a diplomat?”
    Full-sized image link

@Chemdog hah hah, I made you read a lot.

Messages In This Thread
    castles made of sand - any - by Chemdog - 05-24-2021, 05:49 AM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Cheri - 05-25-2021, 06:29 PM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Chemdog - 05-29-2021, 08:31 AM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Cheri - 06-08-2021, 03:45 PM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Chemdog - 08-08-2021, 02:06 PM
    RE: castles made of sand - any - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 04:44 PM