• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sometimes I hear the song that's in your head
    Beyza
    Beyza is glad to feel the gentle brush of her friend’s nose against her shoulder - a smile growing at the response to her question. This place certainly was not bleak, not even at night. When the waves were alive with bioluminescence and the brightness of the full moon. It is a paradise even when the colours are muted with darkness, and Beyza wonders how this place fared during the eclipse. Had the creatures like the one she had given birth to known how to swim?

It is her turn to reach out to Liv at the questions the fanged mare asks, a reassuring but ghost-soft touch - showing that she is thankful for the concern. “We’re all fine. I just…” They don’t talk about it - Beyza’s infatuation with Jamie - so it is difficult to bring up now. The white mare hasn’t quite figured out why when he is something they have in common. It should be a safe subject but she never mentions it and neither does Liv. They rarely even talk about him at all, except that one time when Beyza had been pregnant - when she had been flooded with all the emotions that she had spent the earlier years of her life avoiding. When she had wanted to know if he would love their daughters.

Now, of course, she knows the answer to that.

And now her voice is careful, gentle, when she tells her friend “I know he’s your brother, Liv, but we needed to be away from him.” Beyza shares with Livinia a (slightly exaggerated) memory - embellishing the grip of Jamie’s shadows on her neck as he choked her, while they stood together among his shadows and her lightning. He had done so, of course, but without projecting the fleeting pain onto Livinia this is the only way the crystalline mare can think to share it.

The stark darkness of it against her white throat.

In this moment, Beyza believes this small embellishment unharmful - otherwise, she would not have been able to share it at all. It is simply easier to share a small piece of what happened with a visual. Easier than admitting to the plan she had shared with Jamie, how the girls had been destined for something far darker so she had stolen them away.

She smiles once the memory fades, reminding her oldest friend that she is fine - unharmed - before she speaks softly. “I thought it was time we all lived with some sunlight and colour.”

@[Livinia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sometimes I hear the song that's in your head - by Beyza - 06-03-2021, 06:52 PM