• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll keep on putting myself on the line
    sickle
    It’s raining above the canopy of the jungle but where Sickle explores along the ground, barely a drop touches her rich iridescent coat. She makes a game of seeing if she can catch the raindrops on her tongue for a time, until she catches too many in a row and then her attention begins to stray again.

Her two-toned gaze begins to wander, seeking something else to think about. Something new. She loves her family very much but she sees them all the time and she’s thinking that maybe, maybe today she’ll bother someone else for a while. There are a great number of other horses that live here, and for the most part she’s allowed their voices to filter through her head because she’s been focusing on other things. Like on the animals that she can sometimes shift into, almost exclusively by accident, until she’s not really sure that she is a horse.

Except she must be, right?

And if she is a horse, she should probably interact with them a little more.

She’s half keeping an eye out for anyone, half watching the water that’s dripping down off the thick waxy leaves overhead. She keeps forgetting what her mission is, keeps getting sidetracked by new questions that pop into her head and suddenly wishing that she had not wandered off so that she would have someone to ask why the trees were different colours or the names of the various animals that she sees.

Her coat shifts as she walks, the cool-green of the shadows bleeding into the iridescent colours that exist there normally as she tries to remember how to walk when her mind is focusing on so many, many different things.

@[jenger] make Aeson an account you bum

Messages In This Thread
    I'll keep on putting myself on the line - by Sickle - 05-24-2021, 08:28 PM