• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll keep on putting myself on the line
    She’s distracted enough by investigating the sunny glow to not hear his mention of being able to walk through things - which is probably for the best because that is something Sickle would have immediately demanded a demonstration of. But the glow fascinates her well enough, and she’s enjoying moving her muzzle into the golden light, going cross-eyed with the wanting to see it play across her iridescent coat. When he asks about her glow she replies easily. “No, mine’s pretty but yours is better.” And she doesn’t mind admitting this - her eyes dancing as she does, both blue and orange illuminated by the boy before her.

Sickle is already thinking how she’ll be able to show him once the sun goes down, if she is not beckoned back to her family before then.

Her laughter doubles when he tells her she almost went up his nose and again when he joins her, the sound bubbling out of her in warm bursts before finally fading enough that she can breathe again. The sound fades, but her grin remains bright and blazing.

It’s only fair that it be his turn next and he brings it up before she can - which solidifies her like for him in her mind. She’s already stepping forward again when he tells her to touch his shoulder. And when he tells her that it won’t hurt she shakes her head and informs him seriously “I’m not scared.” And she doesn’t hesitate to press her iridescent muzzle against his shoulder, nodding excitedly when he asks if she’s ready. She isn’t sure what she had been expecting, but the warmth that tickles her nose causes her eyes to widen.

“WOAH!” She exclaims, shifting so she can press her whole cheek against his warm golden skin before pulling back with shining eyes. “That’s super cool! I’ve never seen snow but I’ve heard it’s cold so if it ever shows up, I’m sticking with you.” This is stated matter-of-factly because she’s pretty sure they just became friends. To make it official, she adds “I’m Sickle. Have you been living here this whole time too? How come we haven't met yet?!”

@aeson

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll keep on putting myself on the line - by Sickle - 06-22-2021, 10:08 PM