• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  gospel hymns caught in the air

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

If he truly were a dragon, he would be a particularly hard one to kill. More’s the pity. (And ironic, though he does not know it, considering a daughter he has never met is in fact a dragon in truth.) Fortunately for everyone involved, he is not. What fire he breathes is simply foul words no maiden would likely care to hear.

It’s not hard to see that she is a rather timid creature, given how she trembles beneath his glare. It’s strangely pleasing in a way, to know that he still has the ability to frighten. But then, he rarely spends any time to speak of around women like Minah. No, his time is most often spent with those who are just as jaded and lost as he is. The last mare he’d been with who still had joy in life had quickly given up on him when she found him far more irascible than she’d anticipated.

Perhaps that’s why her sudden excitement and beaming smile causes his ears to flatten, disappearing into the impossible tangle of his pale mane. It doesn’t last, but it had been enough of a reminder.

He is close enough to feel the heat of her. Close enough he could almost feel her tremors vibrating against him. Just as quickly as the excitement had come, it fades as she stares hard at the ground. As though there is something far more fascinating in her feet than his hard expression.

I don’t have anything to give, she says, and he laughs. It is not a gentle or kind laugh, but he is truly amused at her naivete. It’s been a very long time since he’s been around anyone quite so… simple. “Don’t you?” he grunts skeptically. His wings lift slightly, and he is standing so close the feathered tip of one brushes her shoulder. “I don’t fucking believe that.” For a moment, he stares at her, as though he expects her to suddenly understand. But he knows she won’t, sheltered as she has been, so he continues rather wickedly. “What I want is something far better shown than told.”

@[Minah]

Messages In This Thread
    gospel hymns caught in the air - by Minah - 05-27-2021, 06:03 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Ashhal - 05-28-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Minah - 05-30-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Ashhal - 06-03-2021, 12:00 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Minah - 06-13-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Ashhal - 06-15-2021, 10:01 AM