• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  let it wash over me like a flood

Though he cannot understand what it is like to suddenly become one thing after spending one’s entire life as another, he can understand what it is to feel apart from everything. It’s strange to think being normal is actually to be the odd one out, but here we are. He has spent his life in the shadow of power. Spent his life seeing the undeniable truth of his own vulnerability in the face of those far stronger than him.

Perhaps that is why he resorts so often to teasing. To laughter. Or perhaps he is merely a fool. Hard to say.

His grin widens in response to the smile that appears on her. He cannot help but be delighted, knowing he had put it there. Cassian does not have much to his name, but he has that at least. His interest is piqued when she mentions an angel however. Head tilting, he eyes her almost thoughtfully before replying, “You know, my mom’s an angel.” His grin slips into something wry, brown eyes twinkling. “Hard as it is to believe I might be related to one.” With a chuckle, he adds almost as an afterthought, “Wouldn’t it be funny if it was actually my mom you met?”

It’s a rhetorical question of course. Who could have ever imagined it might actually be true?

Now that they have managed to fumble past their first awkward reintroduction, Cassian finds himself wildly curious about this mare who wasn’t always a mare. He undoubtedly should keep his questions to himself, but true to form, he finds one spilling from his lips anyway. “So do you like being less, uh… monstrous?”

Cassian

@Nostromo

Messages In This Thread
    let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 05-28-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-01-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-10-2021, 08:47 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 01-18-2022, 12:50 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 04-25-2022, 11:11 AM