• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Distance never made me stronger [Nashua]

Ciri

Once Padme and Mourna are more settled and feeling as comfortable as they can in the tundra lands, she sets off to find the Isle’s Champion. She had remembered Leilan’s request to seek out the Hersir and speak with him concerning night shifts so she makes sure to address this task as quickly as possible.

Looking for Nashua gives her an opportunity to explore more of the Isle and she comes to find that now every part of the island is completely covered in snow. The more she heads south the snow seems to melt and fade, leaving more exposed dirt and granite. It’s slightly warmer in this area and she makes a note to move the little family further inland if Padme doesn’t discover it first. She had worried that the cold might be too much for a little one but this gives her a little more hope. Perhaps it hadn’t been such a wild choice to move her after all.

It’s on the burned beach that she finds the winged stallion. Carefully picking her hooves through the sharp pieces of glass scattered amongst the pebbles, she makes her way towards the pegasus while simultaneously taking in the remains of what had once been a beautiful shoreline. it was still pretty in it’s own way, a rainbow of color reflected from the dark soot that stains most of the sand. Still the devastation is clear and she wonders what had caused all this destruction.

“Nashua?” She calls to him when she’s a few steps away, mercury eyes sweeping over his chestnut figure, taking in the hawkish wings and glowing gold stripes that wrap around his legs. “I’m Ciri, the new Thane.” A ghost of a smile sweeps over her dark lips, swirling silver strands unwaveringly holding his own gaze once it’s turned to her. “Leilan suggested I should find you.” A single strand of raven hair falls wildly across her forehead, slightly hiding the savage scar slashed across her eye. The rest of her body exposes a violent story, only a few patches of unmarked skin remain on her smoky coat. There's always a slight twitch of discomfort when meeting someone new, when she would fall under the scrutiny of their gaze and see the questions lurked there. Still she keeps the whisper of a smile steady on her lips and waits for his acknowledgment.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    Distance never made me stronger [Nashua] - by Ciri - 05-28-2021, 04:07 PM