• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sometimes it's all I've got to spare

Like Selaphiel, this mare doesn’t use the nickname offered. Mazikeen doesn’t understand why some new acquaintances do and why some don’t, what it is about her that inspires the use of the longer version. Should she start going by ‘Keen’ instead? Of course she isn't thrilled about introducing herself as keen but if it'll help...

Then again, her full name doesn’t sound harsh on the tongue of this dream-like mare, it almost sounds sweet, and she forgets within a few seconds to find it odd that her nickname isn’t used.

Iridian follows Mazikeen’s offer of a nickname with one of her own and the orange-eyed mare can’t help but smile. She appreciates the attempt being made and replies with a friendly tone. “Well, I like the idea of being the first then, Iri.”

Mazikeen finds herself wondering if she’s ever smiled the way Iri does, if there’s ever warmth in her looks that doesn’t have anything to do with fire. She doesn’t think so, especially not lately. And even though it makes her a little sad, she is glad too that she’s said something right enough to inspire such a warm expression - and it helps this pale mare forget how much she does not belong in this beautiful place.

However, Iri’s comment about not knowing what real life is like causes a small frown to form and inspires her to refocus on the other mare and not on the drooping flowers.

“Have you never been…” But she isn’t quite sure what word to use - real? Alive? So she lets the question hang there for a moment, before nodding at the offer to take a closer look - allowing for Iridian to ignore the half-finished question if she does not wish to talk about it. “Yes, I’d like that.”

@iridian

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sometimes it's all I've got to spare - by Mazikeen - 06-26-2021, 05:13 PM