• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Bittersweet and strange;
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    It is clear that Reave will be one to watch. His smirk only twists deeper on dark lips at the comment of truth, finding nothing to disagree with. Perhaps the stallion oozing blood and exposed calcium was right, perhaps he wasn’t a monster. But he knew better than to think that monsters could only be classified by things with sharp teeth that stole away children at night. Monsters could wear many faces and even if he wasn’t truly one himself, despite whatever lurked beneath his onyx skin, he was at the very least a villain whose intentions were questionable at this stage in the game.

“I am.” He says quietly, clearly amused by the way all this was going when she asks if he is Fae. Surely the pointed ears and glittering adornments gave it away but then again not everyone had been abandoned and raised by fairies. What he had thought would be a tedious and rather dull encounter had turned into something surprisingly more interesting. The Wisp leaves his side and follows behind the rotting ghost that only she (and Light) can see but that all know is there. His gaze trails the orb for a moment before it flits around Reave and his curious bones.

“Where to start.” He says and Obscene merely watches him closely as he settles for whatever story is about to be told. He learns much in what the stallion has to say. About Nerine. About him. That flicker in his eyes had spoke to something but had vanished before he could place it. Something different flares in the fiery pits of his own red gaze when Reave speaks of his mother but that disappears quickly too. There is no mistaking it for the anger that it is though.

It’s easy enough to slip back into something smooth and indifferent when Reave steers the conversation back to him, a smile coaxing the corners of his lips into something amused while his glittering iris's remain hard as gems. “I’m sure you do. Though I doubt they are half the fun that mine are.” He says with a smooth rumble, turning his attention back to her. “I can tell you that the Pampas holds the most powerful and beautiful but that would be a lie.” He says to her, pensive. “But it will one day.” He says with a sly slip of his lips, letting his ruby gaze linger on her horns thoughtfully and not realizing just how true that statement would one day be. “I hold a court of pranksters, schemers, and dreamers.” He finally says after a moment, the Wisp finally coming back to his side. “We are a motley crew of misfits.” He says with a small grin but what he really means is that they are family, regardless if they liked it or not. “I’m sure someone can teach you to fight. Aela, my Seneschal, perhaps. Even if she couldn’t I’m sure she would know someone that could.” He finally finishes, thinking of the golden mare briefly and how pleased she would be too bring someone so moldable home with him.

obscene

@[Nereza]
    @[Reave]
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Bittersweet and strange; - by Nereza - 06-10-2021, 11:57 AM
    RE: Bittersweet and strange; - by Reave - 06-10-2021, 01:41 PM
    RE: Bittersweet and strange; - by Obscene - 06-12-2021, 02:30 PM
    RE: Bittersweet and strange; - by Nereza - 08-31-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: Bittersweet and strange; - by Reave - 09-01-2021, 11:19 AM
    RE: Bittersweet and strange; - by Obscene - 09-03-2021, 03:32 PM
    RE: Bittersweet and strange; - by Nereza - 09-08-2021, 02:59 PM