• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm coming so start running

m a z i k e e n .

As soon as she sees him, Mazikeen wonders why she hasn’t sought out Spirit before. Had she been so wrapped up in her own self-made problems that she forgot who else in Hyaline grieved for the losses of Sochi and Breach more than she? It was an uncomfortable but likely thing - last year had seen too many changes, too many rockslides that took the ground out from underneath her hooves. Or had it just seemed like too much to face his grief when she was still wrestling with her own?

Whatever her excuse was, it no longer felt good enough.

Her mind begins to drift, begins to wonder what else she is neglecting, but Mazikeen is getting better at shutting out the thoughts she doesn’t want to deal with. They join the growing noise inside her mind, a constant roar of everything she isn’t letting herself think about so she will not crumble.

So it’s without much thought or consideration that she moves forward. As she draws close, she shifts into a cat and climbs on top of a nearby boulder to greet him. Like she still remembers the filly who had chased him (accidentally, it could’ve been any old guinea pig), like she is still that wild and carefree. A glimmer of a smile does appear, though, as she sits and a black-tipped tail curls around her paws. Her orange eyes bright in the white face of this shape. “Hey, Spirit.”

@[spirit] <3 ok only took me 15 years to get this started

Messages In This Thread
    I'm coming so start running - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:25 PM
    RE: I'm coming so start running - by spirit - 06-30-2021, 06:39 PM
    RE: I'm coming so start running - by Mazikeen - 07-02-2021, 08:43 PM