• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm coming so start running

m a z i k e e n .

Her faint smile quickly turns to easy, quiet laughter when Spirit humours her, shifting into a small guinea pig and making what might be one of her favourite animal noises with a soft bweep - which only encourages the laughter to burst forth in a way that is refreshing. It is easy to forget everything in this small, innocent moment. A reminder of when she had just been a fierce little filly whose only concern was finding out what the fat little rodent she was chasing was or what shape she’ll be able to try next.

She follows suit, changing from cat to horse and that is when her laughter fades - remembering the scars. It’s with effort that she does not shift in her stance. She’s always worn her scars proudly, willing to tell the story of the monster she had fought on Islandres or the time she had saved Selaphiel and made a new friend. But now there are new stories, harsher stories, written on her skin.

But Spirit is her friend, and she will not shy away from his bright gaze and curiosity. When he asks a question, it is not about her new scars - he asks what she's up to. She shakes her head and maintains the smile with some effort, attempting light humour in her voice. “Nothing good.”

The truth of these words cause the false smile to slip for a brief moment, where her orange eyes shine with grief, before she can force it back into place - unwilling to ruin this reunion that is automatically already clouded with the weight of those who are not here.

It is easier to bring the smile back when he continues, musing about the past, though some of the sadness remains. “I like to think it is wilder now. Gives me something to miss - back when things were easier.” but even this reminiscing feels like it might slip out of her grasp and drag her deeper into thoughts she does not want to have.

So Mazikeen focuses her bright gaze on her striped friend and asks "What about you, Spirit? What are you up to?"

@spirit

Messages In This Thread
    I'm coming so start running - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:25 PM
    RE: I'm coming so start running - by spirit - 06-30-2021, 06:39 PM
    RE: I'm coming so start running - by Mazikeen - 07-02-2021, 08:43 PM