• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  heaven help me for the way I am
    She considers shoving away from him, considers shifting into something with armoured skin. She should. There’s no reason at all why she should be frozen where she is, watching his unsmiling face after her question - wondering what is going through his mind as his thumb traces below her lip. Why she lets him hold her face where it is and gives him the time to sort it out. Why she feels concern of all things as she waits for a response.

Not for the first time, and certainly not for the last, Mazikeen wishes her heart hadn’t grown back.

Would it be different if she actually had memories of him shredding apart her body and devouring her heart and eyes? Or would she still be here in the grass with him, feeling her breathing hitch while she’s caught in his kiss, matching his intensity as his hands move across her body once more.

She bites her tongue against the sound that would’ve come out of her when he speaks against her ear. And she smiles - a mere echo of many she had given Gale in the past, but still a smile. Even though she also wants to kill him, even though she’d like to see if she could snap his neck right now - as futile of a gesture as it would be - these are not the thoughts in the front of her mind.

She should recoil, should hesitate, but Mazikeen wants this. And she can tell herself that it is because of their deal, that she wants him content and satiated and maybe that will delay further bloodshed but that isn’t the whole truth. It is not her burning markings that are making her skin feel alive and warm right now.

“I want you.” And it’s not a lie, or not as much of one as it should be. She tries to pretend that it is, tries to believe that her confusion over the truth isn’t shining in her orange eyes as she brushes strands of hair from his face in a tender gesture that does not belong between them anymore.

Her hand freezes for a heartbeat once she realizes what she’s doing and she can feel herself waiver (it's just an echo of when it was Gale, it doesn't mean anything) but then she moves it to grip it into his hair, pushing past that moment and all of her confusion at the same time. “I want you.” She tells him more firmly - her voice rough with something close to a growl as she moves their bodies so she is above him, lost in the moment - lost in him as she follows his second request to show him the truth behind the words.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-19-2021, 08:43 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:04 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-21-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:52 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 04:11 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-22-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 06-22-2021, 08:30 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM