• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On the edges of the sharpest knives [ANY]
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

Taiga has become a home in a way. It would never rival the Amazons but it was enough. Yan and Amarine had been kind enough although she had noticed that the goatish stallion had been acting odd as of late. She had come across him a few times at a distance as he seemed to mutter to shadows and she would watch as the hen nestled in his mane would peck at his forehead in annoyance. A strange sight for sure and one that left her with a lingering unease. She was no Healer and has nothing to give her insight to his current state of mind and so she simply leaves him be, figuring his mate Amarine is the best suited to help him through whatever it is he’s going through.

She had yet to meet the other wife of Yanhua, (she was in fact ignorant that there was another wife entirely as it had not come up in the discussion when she had met Ama) or any of the others that called the tall woods home and so when she hears a cry ringing through the forest, she is intrigued enough to follow it. She thinks she hears the word “Wit” and wonders if someone is calling for their sanity. By the time she comes across the crumpled mare sobbing uncontrollably, she wonders if she has come to live among a kingdom struck by madness.

As her golden gaze takes in the gray dappled mare, she can’t help but think how her Sisters of old would look at such an obvious act of weakness with dismay. While she feels a twinge of pity for whatever this creature is going through, the Amazonian in her becomes incredibly uncomfortable with this open display of grief and she sighs impatiently as she comes to stand in front of her and stamps a hoof against a rock to get her attention. “Crying will not solve whatever ails you stranger.” She says firmly but not unkindly. “Now enough of that. Pull yourself together and tell me what the problem is and maybe I can help you.” If this mare begins to act strangely as well then perhaps it was time to seek greener pastures before madness took ahold of her too.

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Borderline
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: On the edges of the sharpest knives [ANY] - by Bardot - 06-26-2021, 01:11 PM