• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i cannot wait for you to come home | sickle
    TW: curse wants to eat a baby 

Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

As the summer fades into autumn, the Curse that inhabits Gale grows weary of the cold air and colder snows. It far prefers the tropical climate of its host's previous homes, but Hyaline is where the entities have been gathered, so Hyaline is where he remains.

The ability to foresee the future no longer eludes him, and the alarm that Mazikeen had requested keeps them alert of any dangers. She had wanted it to spend more time with Gale, and the stallion’s navy mouth turns up in a smile at the image of how they’ll be spending time together soon.

Perhaps he’ll tell her to spin in circles till she can’t stand. Perhaps he’ll have her bring him the little squid out of the lake so he can get a better look at it. Perhaps he’ll rip her wings off just to see if they’ll regrow like her eyes.

So many delightful possibilities.

But first, it means to scour the warm jungles of Tephra for the children that Mazikeen had hidden from him. Sabal had been thinking of this place when Mazikeen had intercepted her, and Gale had never gotten a truly satisfactory answer out of Wishbone.

She had left Sickle and Malik here, he is sure of it.

He prowls the warm place as a navy and near-white Leptocyon, his iridescent blue fur accented by a small white tip to his tail and a glowing myriad of scars and brindle stripes of palest gold. It smells of greenery and magic here, and he is careful to avoid crossing paths with anyone.

At least until he finds a young girl who has Seen the same striped boy as in Mazikeen’s memory. His steady pace through the trees slows to a halt, and he tries to locate the one he knows must be Sickle.

The sun is bright and shining overhead, but the canopy of trees obscures much of the world around him. If the girl is a shifter, she could be anywhere. Be anything.

“Sickle?” He calls, “Are you there?” Though Gale is gone, it is sometimes useful to attempt his methods, and so the Curse sounds concerned, and hopeful, and tired - much like a father who is calling for his lost child.

Even if she won’t show herself, at least he’ll be able to enjoy hunting her down. When she screams, will it sound like Mazikeen? He forces away a smile before it reveals the small pointed teeth of his prehistoric shape, and calls softly: “Hello?”

@[Sickle]

Messages In This Thread
    i cannot wait for you to come home | sickle - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 11:00 PM