• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i cannot wait for you to come home | sickle
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

She blinks, and Gale must fight the urge to roll his eyes. While some part of him is aware that it is not Sickle’s fault that her maturing brain is still so very small, that does nothing to lessen it’s frustration at her stupidity.

He hopes her younger siblings will be more clever. They’ll be his, after all, and not Gale’s, and it is still early in the season that he has plenty of opportunities to ensure that Sickle becomes an elder sister come spring. There are advantages to her youth, the Curse reminds himself; she’s still young enough to be molded.

She confirms that yes, she wants to teleport, and the Curse turns Gale’s sharp-toothed mouth up into an excited smile. “Let’s do it!” He says, perfectly mimicking the enthusiasm that his host would have felt in such a situation. He waits until she closes her eyes again, and then with a blink of his own, they arrive in the heart of Hyaline, with the lake stretching out in front of them reflecting the starry sky overhead like a mirror.

“This is Hyaline.” He tells her. “My home.”

For a while he is quiet, allowing her to take it in, and then Gale answers the question that had occurred to her only briefly, having felt it floating about in the air above her and grabbing it with some bit of magic that he’d consumed.

“My name is Gale, by the way. I’m your dad.”

@Sickle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i cannot wait for you to come home | sickle - by Gale - 06-24-2021, 06:47 PM