• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  drown my woes in a lake of fire
    Mazikeen
    It takes some effort to stop moving and yet still swim, and Mazikeen grows a little frustrated with herself as she moves awkwardly trying to keep herself in one spot when Chasm peers his young head out from among the rocks and weeds. She keeps floating upwards, despite the weight of her body, and she does not know how to effortlessly remain in one spot. Mazikeen ends up needing to shift her forelegs into something with paws so she can grip at a large rock, and discovers that if she moves her tail slowly enough she is able to remain somewhat stable.

She’s distracted enough by seeing him, the son of her best friend, that she does not care how silly she looks.

Her smile is genuine, despite the sadness that bleeds into it and his uncertainty. Not for the first time, she wonders who the father is - there aren’t many male inhabitants of Hyaline. Spirit, perhaps? Though she’s sure she would have noticed if something were happening between the two shifters, no matter what else was going on.

It is easier for her to think of these things, to speculate on where he got his gold eyes, then to think of the future she had wanted where he would have grown up with her children. Where they would have shifted and chased each other through the shallows of the lake while she and Sabal and Gale watched. Where they would have all known peace.

“Yeah, I’m Maze.” She finally manages, her voice soft. And to his next question, she replies honestly. Not sugar-coating it at all, not trusting her instincts on how to interact with foals after experiencing a few more blunders than successes. “Not really. Your mom... she's not allowed to come back to Hyaline for a while. I don't know for how long. She couldn't come back to get you before she left, but you can go to her. She'll be on the western coast.”

@Chasm

Messages In This Thread
    drown my woes in a lake of fire - by Mazikeen - 06-20-2021, 04:29 PM
    RE: drown my woes in a lake of fire - by Chasm - 06-27-2021, 09:31 PM
    RE: drown my woes in a lake of fire - by Mazikeen - 06-30-2021, 09:17 AM