• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  heaven i'll never come home; any
    Oren hasn’t been in the Field for a while now, but he doesn’t regret not coming. If anything, he’s happy to be here now, today, and he wouldn’t have been here now if he were here yesterday. Now, yesterday for example, he had been happily following the River all the way from Hyaline to the coast, just to see how many bends there were now and if it might be different next spring.

The mare who enters the grass field is really pretty, but seems upset. The gold-marked roan cocks his head, gathers what courage he has, then shrugs a little. Oh, well. One can only know things if one finds them out.

He moves forward with a trot and the little speck of light that hides in his mane, finds its way towards the mare, curiously going farther than Oren can do. The firefly rounds one of her ears and lands on her forelock, seemingly content to be there and distract the young male. Ray! That’s not polite! But if an insect could stick out their tongue, he would have.

The mare now is glaring at Oren, and he perks his ears when she asks her question. She may not have noticed the firefly, since it is so small, so he hopes to distract her. ”I was wondering why you looked like you don’t want to come here, but you’re still here.” he blurts out in reaction to her question; it had been laying on his tongue even though he would maybe not have asked so directly, if he had had time to think about it.

He hadn’t, obviously.

@Aloy I hope this tag works and also, excuse my language, it is late

Messages In This Thread
    heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 06-20-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 06-23-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 06-23-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 07-25-2021, 09:17 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-13-2021, 09:11 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-15-2021, 08:10 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aloy - 08-16-2021, 02:12 PM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Oren - 08-26-2021, 07:50 AM
    RE: heaven i'll never come home; any - by Aela - 08-27-2021, 02:54 PM