• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to the lonely sea and sky; cheri
    It had been evident since the day Cheri had stepped into Loess that she would be dedicated to its wellbeing. Since that day, Oceane has found herself struck on innumerable occasions with the notion that the young girl from the Taiga, with the unfettered willingness to learn and warmth in her heart, could lead the Southern kingdom into the future. It was not a thought that had crossed the opaline woman’s mind until she had met Cheri, and then it just wouldn’t leave.

Oceane’s sleep has been fitful for some time now. While hopeful for the future, and at the opportunities that could be pursued at the hooves of Cheri, it has been nigh on a decade that she has stood at the helm. She had restored the southern foothills with Lepis after Castile’s violent departure. And when the East had threatened them, she and the South had stood together. None of it could have been done without Tarian, or the others who had called the South home all these years, but she can’t help but take pride in her own work as well. There’s a possibility, though, that she can go no further - she has hopes for the future, but the Loessian Queen can’t help but feel that she owes it to her people to hand over the crown to someone with fresher ideas and a less jaded view of the kingdoms that border them.

Someone kind and committed. Cheri’s response to her question draws pleasant laughter from Oceane’s soft mouth, and a shake of her lavender and turquoise head is given to reassure the young woman that it was not doubt that had prompted the question, but simply the desire to hear it said aloud.

To know that she is making the right decision.

When Cheri’s expression turns incredulous, Oceane fears for a quick moment that her charge will deny the desire to head the kingdom. But it’s not that at all, and the Pegasi woman is pleasantly surprised to discover another piece of magic contained inside her gem-encrusted companion. A healer and a prophet. Loess would be in capable hands, when the time came.

“Because I’d never considered abdicating until you arrived,” she tells her truthfully. Her amber eyes sweep away from the other woman to arrive on the familiar sights of the canyon and hot springs that lay out before them. “Cheri, the only thing I’ve ever wanted for the Southern kingdom was for its people to be safe and happy. I feel like I’ve done a decent job, despite the challenges. But I’ve worn the crown for over a decade now and I would not be a good ruler if I could not see that Loess and it’s subkingdoms will soon need to find direction from someone with a fresher set of eyes.”

Oceane pauses long enough to turn her warm gaze back to Cheri before she continues speaking with the hope that her own confidence will help to settle the uncertainty she can see rigid across Cheri’s face. “The South deserves someone kind, who will not hesitate to foster positive relationships with its neighbors. Someone willing to be bold when it is required of them. And it needs someone who loves it. That’s you, Cheri.” She smiles kindly, close-tipped and tight to keep herself from tearing up.

“Of course, mistakes would be made. I continue to make them myself. But you’ve proven that your heart is one glowing with kindness, and so any mistakes you make will be grounded in good intentions. It would be a slow but steady transition, if you agree. There is still much for us to discuss, but I am certain when I say there is absolutely no one better suited. The South would flourish under your guidance.”

Messages In This Thread
    to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 06-22-2021, 08:09 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Cheri - 06-22-2021, 09:36 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 06-24-2021, 06:45 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Cheri - 06-28-2021, 11:38 AM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 07-27-2021, 09:49 AM