• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to the lonely sea and sky; cheri

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

The slew of emotions that present themselves on Cheri’s soft, black face draw heavy nostalgia into the pit of Oceane’s gut. When Castile had first presented her with his plan to gift her the Loessian crown, she had felt similarly. To be thought of as worthy to lead a kingdom had filled her to the brim with aplomb… but on the other hand, to receive such a thing ─ such a massively important thing ─ from someone who had been a lover had instilled doubts in her. Was he blinded by whatever connection they had briefly held? Or was she truly worthy of leading a kingdom into the future? She had been thankful to have Lepis’ aid at the beginning. The late Queen had been instrumental in Oceane’s relationship building, her kindness and softness a welcome pillow to lay her worries upon whenever they grew too great for Oceane to stomach herself.

She finds herself hoping that she can fill that same role for Cheri.

When again the young woman’s expression shifts from grateful to something more muted ─ uncertainty, maybe ─ Oceane presses her fluted ears forward in their bed of tangled lavender to give Cheri’s concerns her full attention. She is neither surprised nor unsurprised to hear of the girl’s involvement with Obscene. The new Prince of the Pampas was swiftly making a name for himself and, noticeably, some were starting to gravitate to him like moths to a flame. And Cheri, with her newfound freedom and Loess’ diplomatic responsibilities as an easy excuse for travel, had ample opportunity to find herself in his company. Quietly, Oceane focuses on Cheri’s apprehensions. By the time the younger woman has finished speaking, the opaline woman has developed a small and understanding smile. With a kind nudge on the younger woman’s cheek and a quiet laugh, she works diligently to placate the future Queen’s worries.

“Oh, Cheri,” her tone remains confident, a warm balm to calm the woman she will abdicate the throne for, “You keep that concern at the forefront of your mind. The very fact that you are worried about making the correct choices in regards to Obscene’s involvement in the kingdom is enough for me to know that you’ll keep the good of the South in mind.” She pauses for a brief moment, offering her companion a small smile and a sideways glance. “Just a secret between you and I, neither he nor Sabra are leaders I would have chosen for our kingdom. But for now, they stand where they stand.”

Adjusting her feathers at her sides, the pegasi woman drops her playfulness for sincerity. “If you are comfortable with it, I would like to address Loess regarding your position as Co-Queen, as well as my intentions to abdicate entirely when you are ready.”

@Cheri
    “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 06-22-2021, 08:09 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Cheri - 06-22-2021, 09:36 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 06-24-2021, 06:45 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Cheri - 06-28-2021, 11:38 AM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky; cheri - by Oceane - 07-27-2021, 09:49 AM