• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

Reave has never been overly concerned with being liked, nor has he ever been one to inspire milder emotions in others. He had always found the possibilities to be so much greater when one’s feelings are heightened, wild and tempestuous in the same way his own so often are. Like the storms even now dancing through Obscene’s memories.

Whatever he might try to hide from him, Obscene would find it difficult to keep the truth of his feelings from the armored Northerner. Not when they practically lash themselves at him, a tidal wave of feeling carried by the memories they inspire. And as Reave watches it, the grin on his lips widens, the gleam of his blue eye deepening to something almost dangerously gleeful.

The biting question breaks between them as Obscene tries to school his voice into something uncaring. Reave almost laughs again but manages to repress it into an amused huff. He could feign surprise of his own, but he doesn’t bother. Instead he lightly responds with a question of his own. “Oh, you didn’t know we are related?” He tilts his head, his expression clear enough that Obscene would know the question is rhetorical if he cared to look. “Pity.”

When Obscene finally settles himself enough to allow his own caustic amusement to surface, Reave offers him a small, almost conspiratorial grin. And then he does laugh again - a true laugh this time. The glittering stallion’s second question may not have been intended as humor, but Reave finds it humorous regardless. “I’m quite certain she has,” he replies breezily, sharp gaze lifting to find the Fae’s. “And will do so again.” With a small, controlled toss of his head, Reave’s expression turns wry, his voice nearly dripping with insolence. “I know the warning will do no good, but I would have been remiss if I didn’t offer it.” The blue of his eyes brightens, grin twitching cheekily as he adds, “As a friend, of course.”

reave

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene - by Reave - 07-29-2021, 10:07 AM