• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale remembers the way Mazikeen had looked when he’d told her of his encounter Wishbone, and how she’d reacted when he’d shown her what he could do after he’d eaten the purple mare’s heart. There is none of that fear now, only contemplation, and he watches her think of killing Wishbone with a sated smile on his golden face.

She agrees, and he starts to think of the future, of what it will be like to rule Hyaline and all four entities, to have no limits to his power at all. But his thoughts do not go far, because she begins to kiss him again, nips him, and speaks of hunger.

Gale’s stomach growls at the reminder, and he smiles at the reminder of his effect on the prey in the Mountains. They’d already been wary in this land of shifters, and Gale’s ravenous appetite has all but driven them out these past few weeks.

“Only the fastest,” he tells her, “But they won’t expect a hunt in the daylight.” An advantage to his atypical diurnal wakefulness, Gale thinks as he looks up at the late afternoon sky.

He is not sure he wants deer though.

Mazikeen’s blood still lingers, and as he runs his tongue between sharp canines he shifts without thinking much of it, turning to a creature perfectly suited to hunting horses.

“Let’s go to the Meadow instead,” he says with a smile, “And we can hunt something far more delicious than venison.”

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature] - by Gale - 06-29-2021, 06:22 PM