• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  leave me where the light pours down
    sickle
    When Sickle hears someone approach, she curls tighter around herself and a small whimper escapes her. She feels her companion nuzzle into the scruff of her neck before fluttering off to the side. Making way for… Mom.” Her voice cracks around the word through her sobbing. She uncurls to meet this source of undeniable comfort, pressing herself into the mare and letting the comforting words wash over her.

She cries into Wishbone’s skin, trying and failing a few times to get words out before she resorts back to her filly self. Exhausted. The blood is more noticeable now, but she’s forgotten it and doesn’t remember how it had dripped down her neck while she lay unconscious.

Finally, she manages to speak - not lifting her face away from where it is pressed into her mom’s shoulder. Her voice is creaky, worn thin from her crying and exhaustion. “I met my dad. He came here… and then we went to Hyaline. He’s…” She doesn’t have words to explain the blue stallion. Friendly and scary all at once, how he had whispered things to that white mare that made those orange eyes widen and shine while they both looked at Sickle. How the pair had fought each other in front of her and the last thing she remembers is the sad-looking Mazikeen tearing into her father’s legs like she was stopping him from getting to her.

Her eyes are squeezed shut as if that will keep out these memories she doesn’t understand.

She wants to ask why Wishbone didn’t tell them about him, but she feels like she’s already gotten that answer.

So instead the question that comes out is a quiet “Was he always like that?” Because though her mom is fierce, she is kind and Sickle had never before seen anything like what she witnessed in Hyaline. She hadn’t thought about having a dad but when she did, when the idea had presented itself through Gale, she had thought they all (she, Malik, and Wishbone) deserved for him to be nice. Like how he had been in Tephra before they had gone away.

@Wishbone

Messages In This Thread
    leave me where the light pours down - by Sickle - 06-27-2021, 07:43 PM
    RE: leave me where the light pours down - by Sickle - 06-30-2021, 06:39 PM